Sunday, January 31, 2010

2nd semester, week 1

My first week back was amazing. It was nice to be back in the company of people who I have known for a short few months but who make me laugh and like me as I am. On Monday I flew from SD to SJ and was picked up by Abby and Krista. I unpacked and took a visit to the DC where I saw the most awesome new addition to the dining commons...a full on Jamba Juice store/counter inside...I'll take pics...too bad I don't drink Jamba. I helped Lauren move back in to her and Alison's room and then we met up with Reyna when she came back from Downey. We all hung out in their room til midnight. On Tuesday, I had Philosophy (my first actual lecture class w/ 100 people in theatre-like seating) and then English. We met up for American Idol at night (same as we did w/ Glee last sem). On Wednesday, I had Geology w/ my buddy Lauren and then we were supposed to meet for lunch but I never found them but it was ok because I ate w/ my friend who I hadn't seen yet back from break. After lunch I had my Creating a Meaningful Life class (its a mouthful so I shorten it to Creating Life around my friends). The teacher is hilarious and the first thing we did was an ice-breaker where we all got a name tag on our back of a celebrity or character which we had to ask questions to figure out. Mine was Adam Sandler. It was a fun way to start getting to know people. Next I had Sociology where I saw a familiar face, Jonathan (one of Abby's friends from high school who I have met a few times before over a meal in the dc). The teacher was funny and it was interesting stuff. When I got back to my room, my roommate asked if I wanted to go to the DC with her. Thats the first time we have ever hung out outside of our room. We didnt stay long since her boyfriend got outta class only 15 mins later but it was a nice stepping stone and she mentioned that we should do it again. It was a nice gesture and this semester we have been talking more here and there. On Weds night my friends and I watched American Idol but it ended at 9 and I wasn't ready to go back to my room so I went to karaoke which my friend mentioned earlier when I had lunch w/ him. I definitly wasnt going to sing but it was just as fun watching people and singing alone from my comfy chair. Thursday was the same sched as Tuesday class-wise but at night, the on-campus housing org gave out free tix to see The Book of Eli. I went with Alison and Lauren and it was a great movie. When it ended at midnight, Krista came to my room and we chowed down some Cup O Noodles and looked at some funny sites. On Friday, Abby and I took a trip to the Dollar Tree and Walmart via public transportation. I bought a ton of groceries and stuff so one of the straps of my reusable bags came lose so it was hard to carry all the stuff back to campus. We were all bored on campus on a Friday night so we decided to have game night. We played quelf and all got nicknames: Abby=honey buns, me= lulu, reyna=iPhone, emily=bubblebee, alison=sexy llama, krista=snookie and grace= suga mama....we kept the nicknames the rest of the night. I taught them all how to play killer uno which I was taught by Jessica. On Saturday, I went to gym, showered, laundry (which was free! cuz the new systems they put in to scan our cards just automatically started the machines w/o money), and then I went to Phil Collins Birthday Bash (Campus Crusade dance party in honor of Phil Collins bday complete w/ Costco cake "Happy Bday Phil Collins!")...There's nothin like dancing in a room smaller than the average living room w/ 20+ people, colorful disco and strobe lighting, a fog machine, and an awesome DJ wearing ugs and mad dancin skillz. Now I am back in my room watchin Mythbusters and writing this just for my mommy :) The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
body { background-color: #ccc; margin:0; font: x-small Verdana, Sans-serif; text-align:center; color:#000; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; }