Saturday, November 7, 2009

My dad came to visit :)

On Nov 5th, my dad flew up from San Diego to spend the day with me at SJSU and downtown. I picked him up at the light rail station downtown at 9 am. We walked all over campus and I showed him the coolest places: the library, the student union & bookstore, and my dorm. He got to meet my roommate Elaine, too. We went out for lunch at Johhny Rocket's downtown and then headed back to campus. He gave me some advice on what classes to take and what will get me where I want to go, as soon as I figure that out. I had a midterm in my linguistics classs so he stayed in my room and rested from all the walking he wasn't used to. Turns out my midterm only took 15 minutes so I was back with him in no time and we decided to go bowling at the student union. We both weren't too great at it but it was still fun. We went back to my room and watched some TV...the only stuff on: Korean soap operas, Steve Wilkos, and Judge Judy so we watched Ellen when she came on. My friend stopped by my room and I introduced her to my dad. For dinner, we went to Pizza My Heart and stayed there talking for like an hour before he had to catch the lightrail and his plane around 9pm. It was a great day and I was so happy to see my dad who I hadn't seen since August. I can't wait to see everyone else when I go back for Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun time...mom loved the car decal and the SJSU coffee mug...said the drawing on the front reminded her of your artwork. I'll need to walk regularly to get in shape for my next visit! On the flight home I sat next to the same man I sat next to a month ago while coming home from seeing my sis in Spokane...Twilight Zone!

    ReplyDelete

 
body { background-color: #ccc; margin:0; font: x-small Verdana, Sans-serif; text-align:center; color:#000; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; }