Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas in the Park

I had an awesome pre-finals week, especially knowing that none of my finals involved too much studying so I just chilled all week. Starting Tuesday night, my friends and I all went to Christmas in the Park. Downtown San Jose is like a mini-carnival. The park is sprawling with decorated Christmas trees from all different local organizations. There's food and rides too. And every 2 minutes, the light posts drop "snow" (after catching one on my tongue, I confirmed that it was not in fact snow, but soap bubbles). We went around taking pictures and laughing, just having a good time. Then we went on the rides. After the Ferris wheel, I dropped my only remaining ticket so the nice operators gave me 5 free tickets which I shared with all my friends who didnt get the unlimited ride wristband. We passed by the game booths where the workers shouted at us "You are guaranteed to win!" and stuff like that. After going on a weird swing ride and rollercoaster, we headed back past the same game booth guy who shouted "You guys back again? Come play!" I said "Only if its completely free!". He didn't hear me initailly so we kept walking but Abby, who was just a few paces behind heard him say "Sure! If you take me home with you!".  She ran up to me and the rest and told us what he said. We all laughed our heads off and when I turned around, he was waving at us...CREEEEPYYY! I didn't go back to that side of the carnival for the rest of the night. It did provide for some good laughs later on though. After Christmas in the Park, we went back to the campus and to the DC for some hot food since it was freeeezing cold. Then six of us went back to my room where we played Catch Phrase til 3am. It was a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
body { background-color: #ccc; margin:0; font: x-small Verdana, Sans-serif; text-align:center; color:#000; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; }