Sunday, December 6, 2009

My school week was a good one

I had a really fun week so I decided to write about it. On Monday, I was still tired from our car ride back to San Jose. In my English class we were assigned to do an in-class essay based on a prompt from last fall's final which, according to my prof, was really difficult. It was something about how government shouldn't place regulations on businessmen and companies because then we'd turn into a communist nation. My first reaction was Holy Crap, what am I supposed to talk about? My prof then discussed how he would respond and I took notes...and when it came time to write it out, I just took his arguments and added my own thoughts. Apparently he liked it because he said he vividly remembered mine out of the 40 other ones and I got the best grade in the class. On Tuesday, I gave my persuasive speech about child labor and my prof commented saying it was my best one yet. On Thursday, my Linguistics prof decided to make our lesson fun by looking at the differences between men and women in conversations so we got seperated in groups of girls and guys and discussed our views and then integrated to see what the other sex had come up with. It was really interesting. On Saturday morning, I had to wake up at 7am for an 8am English final (deadly for me since I don't wake up before 9am, if that). I think the prompt was easy to respond to so hopefully my grade reflects that. As soon as I got done, I went back to my dorm and slept til the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
body { background-color: #ccc; margin:0; font: x-small Verdana, Sans-serif; text-align:center; color:#000; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; }