Sunday, December 6, 2009

Things are getting better

My roommate Elaine and I haven't really gotten very close this semester. Its not that we have disagreements or fight, we are just different people who probably wouldn't be friends in any other situation. Things have been getting better recently. She and her boyfriend watch Ellen with me sometimes in the afternoons. She liked the decorations we put up in our room...I texted her making sure it was Ok before I did it but she didn't know what to expect before getting to our room. I saw that the lights we put in the window had fallen down because the tape became loose so she helped me put them up. The night I got back from Thanksgiving break, she came in around 1am when I wasn't expecting her and I was laying in bed watching Jerry Springer cuz nothing else was on. We talked for a bit about our weekends, her ventures in Black Friday shopping and other stuff...and get this! she slept in her bed overnight for the second time this semester. It was nice having her there although I do enjoy my privacy when she's away. I feel like our small conversations have become more frequent even if its just "hey hows your day going?" or offering eachother snacks we are eating. I know we will never be best friends but its nice to know that we're getting more friendly and open with eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
body { background-color: #ccc; margin:0; font: x-small Verdana, Sans-serif; text-align:center; color:#000; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; }