Thursday, September 17, 2009

Manage Your Time Effectively

I like to think that I can manage my time between academics, social time, and "me" time.  I do this because it is important to me to have a balanced schedule that doesn't make my life too stressed out. By using these simple methods, I keep from [completely] procrastinating on assignments but allowing myself to have fun, as well.
1)  Write down everything in one planner! As referred to in my Tips & Tricks sections, it's a great idea to write down your deadlines for assignments as soon as a teacher mentions it. Pencil works best because not all teachers stick to the deadlines. Also keep track of social events, doctor appointments, work, friends' birthdays, etc.
2)  Don't wait til 11pm to write a paper if its due the next day. Contrary to the "Quiet Hours" in the dorms, people tend to get louder around 10pm-midnight (playing Nerf wars in mine). There are other distractions so just help yourself out and type up your paper before then.
3) Save time for sleep. No one likes to be around you when you are grumpy.
4) Save trips to the mall, to a local restaurant, or other places off campus for the weekend.
5) Make sure to schedule some time for yourself. Sit down with a good book, watch late night TV, or catch up wth family on the phone or Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
body { background-color: #ccc; margin:0; font: x-small Verdana, Sans-serif; text-align:center; color:#000; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; }